Vegan Chicken + Spicy Street Corn Tacos
These easy Vegan Chicken + Spicy Street Corn Tacos are a must try weeknight dinner recipe! Warm tortillas filled with seasoned vegan chicken, creamy chunks of avocado, fresh cilantro and lots of sweet ‘n spicy street corn made with chili powder, lime juice and vegan parmesan. Best part? These tacos are a major crowd pleaser and they’re ready in less than 15 minutes.
By Nikki Vegan
I love tacos and make them very often because they’re quick, easy and versatile. Sometimes I make actual tacos like these plant-based “Beef” and Pickle Tacos or my Weeknight Chick’n Tacos with Mango Salsa , but sometimes I change it up with my fresh and hearty Chickpea Taco Salad recipe or this fun Vegan Taco Casserole.
If you’re looking for easy vegetarian and vegan chicken taco recipes, this is a fun one to try! It starts with a convenient, vegan-friendly freezer staple: store bought vegan chicken. I like using this non-breaded chick’n from Morning Star or this one from Like Meat. I simply sauté the chicken in a pan with some taco seasoning and it’s ready to go!
Then comes vegan street corn which is honestly, what makes the tacos. It’s divine. This non-traditional take on Mexican Street Corn starts with another freezer staple, frozen corn. I quickly steam the corn to defrost it and then toss the warm corn with a creamy chili lime sauce made with vegan mayo, chili powder, fresh lime juice and salty vegan parmesan. I use this one from Violife.
The natural sweetness of the corn pairs really nicely with the creamy base, earthy chili powder and zesty lime juice. It ticks all the flavor boxes and while I like to spoon this Vegan Street Corn into tacos, it’s good enough to serve on its own as a side dish or in burritos, on salads, or served with chips, salsa and this guacamole recipe.
Ingredients to Make Vegan Chicken Tacos
All of the measurements and instructions to make this tasty dinner recipe are located below and you can even print it out for your convenience!
- Vegan Chicken Strips – Look for frozen, non-breaded vegan chicken for best results.
- Taco Seasoning – a blend of chili powder, cumin, oregano and spices adds quick flavor to the plant-based chicken.
- Frozen Corn – Frozen yellow corn is a staple in my kitchen! It’s versatile and budget-friendly.
- Vegan Mayo – Vegan mayo is made without eggs and creates the perfect base for the Spicy Street Corn.
- Chili Powder, Lime Juice and Salt – This flavorful trio gets mixed into the mayo to make a quick sauce.
- Vegan Parmesan – Adds a touch of saltiness and rich, umami flavor that compliments the corn.
- Avocado and Cilantro – The perfect toppings to tie this taco recipe together.
- Tortillas – Warm the tortillas in a dry, non-stick pan set to medium heat before serving.
How to Make Vegan Chicken Tacos + Spicy Street Corn
There’s just 5 easy steps to make perfect vegan tacos! Complete directions and measurements on the PRINTABLE recipe card below.
- Thaw the corn by placing the frozen corn and water to a large pan with a lid. Steam for 3-5 minutes.
- Then make the sauce by combining the vegan mayo, vegan parmesan, lime juice, chili powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Stir to combine and then add the corn. Toss well to coat and set aside at room temperature until ready to use.
- Next, return the pan to the stove and add the olive oil. Set the pan to medium high heat and once warm, add the frozen vegan chicken and taco seasoning. Cook for 2-3 minutes then add a splash of water and cook until warmed through.
- Time to assemble! To make the tacos, add the warm vegan chicken and corn onto each tortilla.
- Top with avocado, cilantro and enjoy!
How to Serve
These simple tacos have just 4 main components. Taco seasoned “chicken,” Spicy Street Corn, avocado and cilantro. This combo offers spicy, tangy flavor and rich and creamy textures that take these tacos to the next level. Serve with a fresh green salad and some chips and salsa for a restaurant-quality meal in minutes.
Venture into the Wild and Taste the Difference
Organic Chenin Blanc
Our bright and fresh Chenin has notes of white flowers and citrus on the nose, with beautiful flavors of apples, mandarin, and melons on the palate. Its fruity style is perfectly matched with an elevated acidy to balance the experience. This wine will take you on a shortcut to happiness at first sip. Just don’t be the first one to the party, or the last one to leave (especially not both!).