Here’s what you’ll need to make our mouthwatering Shrimp Tacos:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound peeled and deveined large shrimp, tails removed
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 10 to 12 “street taco”-size flour tortillas
- 1 cup finely shredded red cabbage
- Lime wedges, for squeezing
- 1 cup peach habanero salsa
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
Special equipment: A grill or grill pan
- In a shallow dish, whisk together the olive oil, chili powder, dark brown sugar, garlic powder, onion powder and cayenne. Add the shrimp and toss to coat. Refrigerate for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. Remove the shrimp from the marinade and pat dry with a paper towel. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the shrimp on the grill and cook until it just turns pink and begins to curl slightly, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove to a cutting board and coarsely chop.
- Place the tortillas on the grill just to heat for about 30 seconds per side. Build the tacos with the shrimp, red cabbage, a squeeze of lime, salsa and cilantro leaves
Pair It with this!
We’ve been in pursuit of a delicious South African wine for an eternity. Persistence paid off, as this little gem from the Western Cape emerged from the wild. Platinum in hue, this zesty Sauvignon Blanc seduces with bright aromas and flavors of fresh peach, grapefruit, and orange blossom – distinct flavors that evoke its coastal origin. It will have your taste buds on safari at first sip.