Here’s what you’ll need to make Spaghetti with Yellow Tomatoes & Corn:
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1 pint small yellow tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 ears corn, cut from the cob
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 2 tablespoons white miso paste
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼ cup grated Pecorino Romano or Parmesan
- Handful fresh basil leaves, torn
*to veganize, choose a butter substitute and dairy-free parmesan.
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Season aggressively with salt.
2. Heat olive oil and garlic in a large skillet over medium heat for a minute or two. Add tomatoes and increase heat to medium high. Stir often, using a wooden spoon to break up the tomatoes and help release their juices. Reduce heat to medium low once the juices start to release.
3. When the pasta is a little more than halfway done, remove ½ cup pasta water and whisk with miso.
4. Stir in corn to tomatoes. Add miso pasta water. Increase heat to medium. Using tongs, transfer spaghetti directly into the skillet. It’s ok if there is more pasta water that comes with the spaghetti! Add butter. Use tongs to toss to combine, allowing the pasta to continue to cook for another minute or 2. Turn off heat. Stir in cheese and basil. Serve immediately.
Pair It with this!
Parlez vous Francais? Not required, because this coastal French Chardonnay will be speaking your language at first sip. It has a beautiful golden hue with a brilliant rim and shows notes of peach, pear and citrus fruits paired with a kick of vanilla. Its juicy, creamy and easy going…the Chardonnay drinker’s Chardonnay!