Whipped Vegan Feta
If you’ve been missing the uniquely tangy flavor and creamy richness of feta cheese since going vegan, prepare to rejoice: This Vegan Whipped Feta is dairy-free and every bit as delicious as its non-vegan counterpart. Serve this cheesy spread alongside your favorite cheeseboard accoutrements like crostini, crispy crackers or warm baguette and enjoy!
By Nikki Vegan
Ingredients for Whipped Feta Spread:
- Vegan Feta Cheese – Trader Joe’s, VioLife or Follow Your Heart make great dairy-free versions. I find the VioLife is least the salty of the three so this recipe reflects that in the salt measurement. If you’re using another brand, use less salt to start and add more to taste.
- Firm Tofu – this adds body and increases the volume without having to add more cheese. And since tofu is mild in flavor and blends easily, it works perfectly in this recipe.
- Lemon and White Vinegar – these ingredients mimic that tangy flavor that feta has. The avidity compliments the richness of the cheese and gives it a little punchiness, which is just so delicious!
- Oregano and Garlic – this Mediterranean combo adds so much flavor and works perfectly with feta.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil – a touch of fruity olive oil adds creaminess, richness and a touch of flavor.
- Salt and Pepper – ties all of the flavors together and makes this Whipped Feta Pop! If you taste it and it’s not quite right, chances are it just needs a touch more salt and pepper. Season to taste and enjoy!
I love this little mini food processor! it’s super powerful and doesn’t take up too much space! Plus it’s under $20! Find it here.
This makes a great dip for crackers and veggies and it’s delicious on top of cucumber slices. I also love using this Whipped Vegan Feta as a creamy spread for sandwiches and as the base of creamy pasta sauces like my Creamy Zuccihini Spaghetti and Vegan Feta Sauce recipe (shown below)
My favorite way to serve this whipped feta may be simply dolloped on to arugula salads with grilled stone fruits, a sprinkle of roasted sunflower seeds, and a generous drizzle of silky balsamic reduction (method shown here) The combination is out of this world!
I love to serve this with a glass of red wine. This vegan friendly Syrah – Grenache is a delicious paring and really compliments the cheesy flavors and hearty herbs. I talk more about wine pairings in this video if you’re interested.
Either way, I hope you enjoy this recipe! It’s a dish I love to make for friends and family and it would be a perfect at-home date night meal.
Venture into the Wild and Taste the Difference
Organic French Chardonnay
Parlez vous Francais? Not required, because this coastal French Chardonnay will be speaking your language at first sip. It has a beautiful golden hue with a brilliant rim and shows notes of peach, pear and citrus fruits paired with a kick of vanilla. Its juicy, creamy and easy going…the Chardonnay drinker’s Chardonnay!